RE-IMAGINE YOUR YARD! WATER-WISE LANDSCAPE TRANSFORMATION WORKSHOP
If you are considering taking out a thirsty lawn or drought-proofing your yard with new, water-wise plants, this workshop is for you! Participants will gain the practical hands-on experience they’ll need to tackle their own Monterey-Bay Friendly Landscape retrofit project at home. Learn how to:
- Easily transform turf grass and weedy areas into new planting zones with sheet mulching;
- Convert your existing sprinkler system to efficient, drip-irrigation;
- Select low-water use plants for your unique site;
- Create permeable patios and pathways with low-cost materials
- Integrate rainwater harvesting into your landscape plans
PLUS: All workshop participants will receive FREE landscape design templates with plant lists and a FREE water-wise plant to get your project jump-started!
This workshop will double as a community service project as we convert a small section of turf at the entrance of Soquel High School into a Monterey Bay Friendly Landscape that will provide a lasting demonstration garden for the community. Come join us for a fun day of learning and conserving our precious water resources! Pre-registration is recommended but not required.
Workshop led by Ecology Action and sponsored by the Soquel High School Agriculture Program and the Santa Cruz County Water Conservation Coalition
|Event Date||05-12-2018 10:00 am|
|Event End Date||05-12-2018 1:00 pm|
|Location||Soquel High School|